Sunderland RCA get revenge on Lang Jacks

Full Time: Whickham FC 0-1 Sunderland RCA

Whickham fell to a third defeat in a row after a 1-0 loss at home against Sunderland RCA on Tuesday night. WRITES CHRIS MILLS.

Kyle Fryatt’s second goal in as many games was all that separated the two sides.

It was the second installment of the fixture this season after last month’s FA Cup tie in which Whickham ran out 4-0 winners.

The first big chances of the game came by the way of Scott Robson as first he got on the end of a corner six yards out, but it rose above Keaton Marrs’ bar.

Two minutes later Robson bullied Daryll Hall to be one-on-one with Marrs but the RCA goalkeeper produced a terrific save with his outstretched right leg.

The only goal of the game came moments after from a corner as the ball fell to Thibault Charmey who struck towards goal, but the ball came off Kyle Fryatt and was adjudged to be over the line before Nathan Harker retrieved it.

Just before the half hour mark the visitors hit the post after a free kick evaded everyone and hit the woodwork before being cleared.

On the stroke of halftime Joey Smith stood over a free kick 25 yards out which he got over the wall and on target but Marrs tipped it over.

After the break Whickham started brightly as Smith worked some space down the touch line to get a cross in which found Robson but his first time effort flew over the bar.

As the half developed the game got scrappier with few chances for either team, Garon Garside going closest with a half chance from the edge of the area.

Whickham travel to Northallerton Town on Saturday.

Whickham Team: Harker, Howard, Moody, Garside, Agnew, Below (Gibson 63’), Richardson, Peareth (C) (Lizinde 54’), S.Robson, Hall, Smith.

Unused substitutes: Bannon, Maughan, Dunn.

Man of the match: Tom Howard

Referee: Elliot Cowens

Man of the Match – Tom Howard (Presented with his award by fan Jack)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *